• The world's #1 selling whey protein
• 24g of premium whey protein but low in sugars & fat
• Contains BCAAs for muscle protein synthesis
What is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey?
Whey protein is popular amongst athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels. It has a rapid absorption rate and high biological value (BV), which makes it ideal for post-training consumption. Gold Standard Whey is a reassuringly sought after; it offers a convenient way to boost your protein intake, and help you achieve your fitness goals.
Optimum Nutrition brought us the ‘Gold Standard’ of whey protein formula; this global best-seller has become a marker against which all other brands are measured. This superb quality protein powder can be enjoyed around your training sessions, or at any other time of day. It’s a truly steadfast product!
What’s makes its formula special?
• Each scoop of Gold Standard whey delivers over 24g of premium whey protein.
• Rich in whey protein isolate, offering a purity level of around 90%.
• Contains naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are integral to muscle protein synthesis.
• Offers a concentrated level of leucine – the ‘king’ of the BCAAs.
• Fortified with enzymes to assist digestive function, including lactase (to aid the assimilation of lactose).
• Perfect for post-workout consumption, but can be consumed at any time of the day.
• Available in a range of delicious flavours to suit every taste!
• Low in sugar/carbohydrates and fat.
• Effortless, ‘instantised’ mixing and zero clumping.
How can Gold Standard Whey help me reach my goals?
Intense exercise causes the breakdown of muscle tissue; this is completely normal, and actually, a key aspect of your progress. Whey protein is fast-acting, which initiates the recovery process, supporting the repair and growth of damaged muscle fibres. It supplies all essential amino acids (including the BCAAs) – sometimes referred to as the ‘building blocks’ of protein, which assist muscle development.
Gold Standard is rich in whey isolate, said to be the purest fraction of whey protein there is. This creates a purity level of around 90% – a figure that’s unrivalled in the industry!
Who is Gold Standard Whey suitable for?
• Bodybuilders looking to increase muscle mass, but wanting to avoid excess fat gain.
• Those who participate in endurance sports.
• Anyone who cares about their health and fitness, whatever their activity of choice.
- You Pay For What You Get
Liam, Liverpool 04/01/2017
This a top top quality protein I normally use cnp branded protein but decided to give this ago its full of good stuff and the double chocolate is lovely when mixed with milk. If you buy a 2kg bag of protein for £20 your wasting your money if you buy this and use it for a month along with a good diet you will realise.
- Best Bundle/protein Out There!
Jimmy, Ireland 13/11/2016
I switched over to 100% gold whey from holland and barrets own brand precision engineered. This protein tastes amazing shows great results and mixes very well. I definitely recommend this product and ON were kind enough to throw in their 40 serv of creatine which mixes well too. This bundle is worth it ladies and gentlemen if you want the best results choose optimum nutrition for all your needs.
- Quality Whey Protein
Adam, London 02/11/2016
Quality whey protein with definite results. Well recommended.
Read product label before use.
Follow instructions on product label how to mix your shake with a spoon, shaker cup, or blend.
Gold Standard 100% Whey can be used for more than just protein shakes. Try mixing with a scoop into oatmeal, yoghurt, or the milk that you pour over your morning breakfast cereal. Better yet, increase the protein content of your muffins, cookies, brownies etc by adding a scoop or two to your baked goods recipes.
Suggested Use: Consume enough protein to meet your daily protein requirements through a combination of high protein foods and protein supplements. For the best results consume your daily protein over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended daily intake.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Per 100g /Per Scoop / %RI* per serve:
Energy: 1546kJ / 373kcal // 485kJ / 116kcal / 6%
Fat: 3.1g / 1g / 1%
Of which Saturates: 2g / 0.6g / 3%
Carbohydrate: 7.6g / 2.4g / 1%
Of which sugars: 4.6g / 1.4g / 2%
Fibre: 0g / 0g / -
Protein: 78.4g / 24.3g / 49%
Salt: 0.928g / 0.288g / 5%
Sodium: 371mg / 115mg / -
* Reference Intakes of an average adult (8400kJ / 2000kcal
Please note that amount per serving is a guide only. Nutritional breakdown for individual products may vary slightly.
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate (Milk ) (contains Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin), Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk ), Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate (Milk )), Flavourings, Colour (Curcumin), Salt, Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K), Enzyme Complex (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Beta-O-Galactosidase, Lipase)
Please note that ingredients listing is a guide only. Ingredients in individual products may vary slightly.
Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold. May also contain gluten, eggs, peanuts and nuts.
Suitable for Vegetarians.